The PT-G503-PHR-PTP Series redundancy boxes (RedBoxes) are compliant with the latest standardized redundancy protocols for industrial automation networks, IEC 62439-3 Clause 4 (Parallel Redundancy Protocol, PRP) and IEC 62439-3 Clause 5 (High-availability Seamless Redundancy, HSR). PRP/HSR ensures the highest system availability and data integrity for mission-critical applications in electrical substation and/or process automation systems that require zero recovery time redundancy. The redundant protocols Coupling and QuadBox are also supported. With Coupling and QuadBox, HSR rings can be connected to make the redundant network more versatile. The PT-G503-PHR-PTP Series comes with three 10/100/1000BaseT(X) and 100/1000BaseSFP slot combo ports.
One slot (INTERLINK port) is for an internal link for connecting with a SAN (Singly Attached Node). The other two ports (LAN A and LAN B ports) are for PRP/HSR redundant protocol communications. With this full Gigabit Ethernet port design, the PT-G503-PHR-PTP Series provides high performance for PRP/HSR systems.
The PT-G503-PHR-PTP Series also provides IEEE 1588v2 PTP in end-to-end one-step transparent clock mode for timing-critical applications and isolated redundant power inputs with 24/48 VDC or 110/220 VDC/VAC power supply ranges to increase the reliability of the power supply.
Additional Features and Benefits
- PRP (Parallel Redundancy Protocol): Transmit or receive two independent active paths to/from different LANs simultaneously on a zero recovery time network
- HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy): Every frame is duplicated and then transmitted in both directions of the HSR ring to deliver zero switchover time
- PRP/HSR coupling: Supports coupling from an HSR ring node to redundant PRP LANs (Up to 7 PRP LANs)
- QuadBox function: Supports peer coupling of rings via interconnecting two INTERLINK ports on two separate RedBoxes
- Fiber Check provides monitoring and diagnosis functionality on SFP fiber ports
- Hardware-based IEEE 1588v2 PTP (Precision Time Protocol) end-to-end one-step transparent clock for precise time synchronization of networks
- Automatic warning by exception through email and relay output
- Configurable via web browser, CLI, Windows utility, and ABC-02 automatic backup configurator