MSI TEC Careers
Join the Team!
MSI TEC helps manufacturers, machine builders and companies improve production, profitability and safety with automation, robotics and industrial networking solutions.
We are a distributor and an engineering company that provides technology-based solutions throughout the west and have offices in AZ, CO, CA, ID, and UT. We look for employees who are problem solvers and have an authentic desire to help businesses grow.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance, a 401k plan, and paid time off.
Staff Accountant @ MSI TEC
Whatever your challenge, we’ve got the solution at
MSI TEC, Centennial, Co
For 25 years, we’ve been leveraging technology to help our customers increase productivity, profits, and safety. This position plays an instrumental role in the business, assuming responsibility for a variety of projects that will have a positive impact on our business. The Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Finance and is involved in business finance to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost management, and month-end close. Ensures compliance with financial, legal, and company policies.
MSI TEC, Inc. is a technology-based solutions provider for industrial automation applications throughout the Rocky Mountain region and Southern California. We provide innovative solutions through implementation of robotics, intelligent machine and motion control, device networking and remote monitoring, sensing technologies and machine safety devices. Because of our continued success and growth, we have an opening for an energetic, full-time, motivated individual with superior attention to detail to join our Finance and Accounting team. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance, a 401k plan, and paid time off.
This position plays an instrumental role in the business, assuming responsibility for a variety of projects that will have a positive impact on our business. The Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Finance and is involved in business finance to include A/P, A/R, cost management, and month-end close. Ensures compliance with financial, legal, and company policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Conduct in account payable responsibility by keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, payroll etc.
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks/ACH/Wires and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries via AP inbox.
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and supporting.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to internal and external information requests and assisting with audits.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assisting and supporting the integration process of the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Finance, or related field.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience required.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Advanced proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of various ERP experience is plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the Google environment.
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Effectively work as a team member and able to work independently with problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, dependable and accurate.
- Ability to respect and hold confidential information.
Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Location: Colorado
- Compensation: Salary range of $55,000 to $58,000 annually. Commensurate on candidates’ skills, experience, and education.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products, or commercial interests.