Layer 3 modular managed Ethernet switch system with 6 slots for 4-port fast Ethernet interface modules and 2 slots for 2-port Gigabit interface modules, for a total of up to 24 4G ports, 0 to 60°C operating temperature
The EDS-828 Series features a versatile modular design that allows different combinations of fiber and copper modules, creating a wide array of connection options ideal for any automation network. The modular design lets you install up to 4 Gigabit ports and 24 Fast Ethernet ports. The EDS-828 Series is specially designed for redundant Gigabit network backbones and uses a modular configuration to provide a high degree of flexibility for network expansion. Top network performance, security, and reliability are assured through the EDS-828?s advanced management and security features.
The EDS-828 Series also features industrial-grade construction, a console port for automatic configuration backup, and an angled LED troubleshooting panel that can be conveniently viewed from both horizontal and vertical orientations. In addition to Layer 2 features, the EDS-828 Series is a high-performance Layer 3 Ethernet switch designed for network routing. The improved hardware technology built into the EDS-828 Series replaces the software logic used by traditional routers, offering better performance, and making the switch ideal for large-scale local area networks.
- 4 Gigabit plus 24 Fast Ethernet ports for copper and fiber
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 20 ms @ 250 switches), Gigabit Ethernet recovery time < 50 ms RSTP/STP, and MSTP for network redundancy
- TACACS , SNMPv3, IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS, and SSH to enhance network security
- Easy network management by web browser, CLI, Telnet/serial console, Windows utility, and ABC-01
- Layer 3 routing interconnects multiple LAN segments
- Supports MXstudio for easy, visualized industrial network management