Register for Omron Machine Safety Workshops – build key machine safety skills and protect your team!
Are you confident that your plant is a safe place to work in?
Safety depends just as much on knowledge as it does on safeguarding hardware. If your team lacks a clear understanding of key safety concepts, even the most thoroughly safeguarded machines may still pose a risk.
Our intensive Machine Safeguarding Skill Builder seminars teach the requirements, methods and practical application of machine and process safeguarding. These workshops cover:
- Applicable regulatory requirements
- Machine safety risk identification
- Practical tips for applying safeguarding concepts
10:00 AM – 10:20 AM Introduction. The Business Case for Safety.
10:20 AM – 10:30 AM Relevant domestic and international standards
10:30 AM – 11:15 AM A practical approach to risk assessment and risk reduction
11:15 AM – 12:00 PM Hierarchy of Control/Risk Reduction Strategy
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch – Open Discussion
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Guarding technologies and what to specify
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM How to meet safety related control system performance requirements based on risk level
- A practical Approach to Risk Assessment & Risk Reduction
- Identify Machine and Process Hazards
- Identify Safeguarding Requirements
- Hierarchy of Controls / Safeguarding methods
- Requirements for Barrier Guards
- Overview of Safeguarding Technology
- Safety Circuits / Control Reliability
- Stop Time Measurements and Safety Distance formulas
- Types of Stops – Overview of Performance Stop Categories per NFPA 79 – 0, 1 and 2
FREE admission, class is limited, registration is required.
Venue location will be emailed to you.
Who Should Attend? Plant Maintenance, EHS and Engineering Teams – or anyone concerned with plant and machine safety.
- Comprehend expectations for machine safety
- Identify hazards on automated/semi-automated equipment
- Assess risk-level on identified hazards and perform a basic machine guarding inspection
- Recognize applicable machine safeguarding regulations and census standards
- Identify appropriate risk reduction measures commensurate with the level of risk
- Understand/Apply the Hierarchy of controls
The Omron workshops will be held in Colorado, California, Arizona and Utah.
Gain the knowledge necessary to ensure that your facility is fully safe and compliant with all of the latest regulations!