Encoder Products Company’s new LCX Series draw wire units work with EPC encoders to accurately measure position and provide motion feedback in motion control applications. The LCX Series of Draw Wire solutions is manufactured for EPC by our German technology partner and offers wire lengths from 1 to 42.5 meters in length. The maintenance-free draw wires quick and easy to install and ideal for motion feedback because of their reliability. Coupled with an EPC encoder, the highly-flexible steel wire of the LCX is an excellent choice for motion control in robotics, extrusion presses, textile machinery, control gate positioning, theater stages, elevators, gantries, boom cranes, forklift booms, and motion control applications across all industries.
Model LCX Features
- Fast and easy encoder mounting
- Wire length options from 1 to 42.5 meters
- Linearity ± 0.05 % of full range (with encoder)
- Optional high corrosion protection
- Temperature range -20° C to 85° C
- Optional low temperature range of -40° C
The LCX is available in 3 housing sizes:
- The LCX80 – 80 mm casing with 1, 2 and 3 meter wire length options
- The LCX120 – 120 mm casing with 4 or 5 meter wire length options
- The LCX135 – 135 mm casing with wire lengths from 6 meters to 42.5 meters
This product demonstration video shows how quick and simple the draw wire is to use.
Encoder’s LCX Series draw wire units work with encoders that have a clamping flange that is 36 mm in diameter, and a shaft that is 10 mm in diameter and 20 mm in length. This includes EPC absolute encoder Model A58SE, which offers EtherCAT® and PROFINET® communication protocols; Model 758, a high-performance incremental encoder; and the Model 858S, a stainless steel incremental encoder. These options allow the user to choose the right encoder and wire length for their application.