The MGate 5114 is an industrial Ethernet gateway with 2 Ethernet ports and 1 RS-232/422/485 serial port for Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 60870-5-101, and IEC 60870-5-104 network communications. By integrating commonly used power protocols, the MGate 5114 provides the flexibility needed to fulfill the various conditions that arise with field devices that use different communications protocols to connect to a power SCADA system. To integrate Modbus or IEC 60870-5-101 devices onto an IEC 60870-5-104 network, use the MGate 5114 as a Modbus master/client or IEC 60870-5-101 master to collect data and exchange data with IEC 60870-5-104 systems.
Easy Configuration via Web Console
The MGate 5114 Series comes with an illustrated Quick Setup guide designed to make configuration easy. With Quick Setup, you can easily access protocol conversion modes and finish the configuration in a few steps.
Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP Protocol Traffic Monitor
MGate 5114 Series gateways support Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 60870-5-101, and IEC 60870-5-104 Protocol Traffic Monitor for easy troubleshooting, especially during the installation stage. It is worth mentioning that traffic logs can be viewed in the popular troubleshooting tool, Wireshark. With this feature, you can easily analyze traffic to determine the root cause of a problem.
MGate 5114 gateways support a system log function that records events in the MGate; users can easily review log data remotely through the web console. The gateways also support status monitoring and fault protection functions. The status monitoring function notifies a PSCADA system when a device gets disconnected or does not respond, in which case the PSCADA system gets the status of each end device and then issues alarms to notify operators.rt Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP/IEC 101-to-IEC 104 gateways
- Protocol conversion between Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 60870-5-101, and IEC 60870-5-104
- Supports IEC 60870-5-101 master/slave (balanced/unbalanced)
- Supports IEC 60870-5-104 client/server
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP master/client and slave/server
- Effortless configuration via web-based wizard
- Status monitoring and fault protection for easy maintenance
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- microSD card for configuration backup/duplication and event logs
- Built-in Ethernet cascading for easy wiring
- Redundant dual DC power inputs and relay output
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Security features based on IEC 62443