The TCF-142 media converters are equipped with a multiple interface circuit that can handle RS-232 or RS-422/485 serial interfaces and multi-mode or single-mode fiber. TCF-142 converters are used to extend serial transmission up to 5 km (TCF-142-M with multi-mode fiber) or up to 40 km (TCF-142-S with single-mode fiber). The TCF-142 converters can be configured to convert either RS-232 signals, or RS-422/485 signals, but not both at the same time.
Features and Benefits
- Ring and point-to-point transmission
- Extends RS-232/422/485 transmission up to 40 km with single-mode (TCF-142-S) or 5 km with multi-mode (TCF-142-M)
- Decreases signal interference
- Protects against electrical interference and chemical corrosion
- Supports baudrates up to 921.6 kbps
- Wide-temperature models available for -40 to 75°C environments