2-port RS-232/422/485 Serial Device Server, 10/100MBaseT(X) (RJ45)-40 to 75°C operating temperature
The NPort IA5000A device servers are designed for connecting industrial automation serial devices, such as PLCs, sensors, meters, motors, drives, barcode readers, and operator displays. The device servers are solidly built, come in a metal housing and with screw connectors, and provide full surge protection. The NPort IA5000A device servers are extremely user-friendly, making simple and reliable serial-to-Ethernet solutions possible.
Cascading Ethernet Ports Make Wiring Easy
The NPort IA5000A device servers each have two Ethernet ports that can be used as Ethernet switch ports. One port connects directly to the network or server, and the other port can be connected to either another NPort IA device server or another Ethernet device. The dual Ethernet ports help reduce wiring costs by eliminating the need to connect each device to a separate Ethernet switch.
- Socket modes: TCP server, TCP client, UDP
- Patented ADDC (Automatic Data Direction Control) for 2-wire and 4-wire RS-485
- Cascading Ethernet ports for easy wiring (applies only to RJ45 connectors)
- Redundant DC power inputs
- Warnings and alerts by relay output and email
- 10/100BaseTX (RJ45) or 100BaseFX (single mode or multi-mode with SC connector)
- IP30-rated housing