1-port PROFIBUS master-to-Modbus TCP gateway, 12-48 VDC, -40 to 75°C operating temperature
The MGate 5101-PBM-MN gateway provides a communication portal between PROFIBUS devices (e.g. PROFIBUS drives or instruments) and Modbus TCP hosts. All models are protected with a rugged metallic casing, DIN-rail mountable, and offer optional built-in optical isolation. The PROFIBUS and Ethernet status LED indicators are provided for easy maintenance. The rugged design is suitable for industrial applications such as oil/gas, power, process automation, and factory automation.
Windows Utility for Easy Configuration and Traffic Monitoring
The MGate Manager utility provides a user-friendly interface to make configuration and operation as easy as possible. Moxa innovative AutoScan function can automatically detect all connected PROFIBUS slave devices and their available I/O modules to quickly complete gateway configuration, after which an easy-to-read data mapping table is created to assist in the configuration of Modbus TCP master (e.g., SCADA, PLC) settings. In addition, users can configure import/export maintenance functions, and use embedded monitoring tools to maintain logs of Modbus communication packets, which can be used for troubleshooting.
A Variety of Maintenance Functions
The MGate 5101-PBM-MN provides a Web console and Telnet console for remote maintenance, with both consoles supporting encryption commutation functions such as HTTPS and SSH for preventing unauthorized access. The log functions are provided in firmware such as connection event of Modbus or PROFIBUS for maintenance. Users can monitor each I/O data and review the log through the web console remotely. A relay output alarm is provided for the power input status. It gives maintenance engineers an additional tool for troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Protocol conversion between PROFIBUS and Modbus TCP
- Supports PROFIBUS DP V1 master
- Supports Modbus TCP client/server
- Automatic scan of PROFIBUS devices and easy configuration
- Web-based GUI for I/O data visualization
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- Status monitoring and fault protection for easy maintenance
- Supports redundant dual DC power inputs and 1 relay output
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Security features based on IEC 62443