8 port Terminal Server, single 10/100M Ethernet, RS-232, RJ-45 8pin, +-48 VDC
For most companies, the performance of IT equipment is critical to daily operation. To keep a server, router, PBX, or leased-line modem working properly, it is important to minimize downtime and troubleshoot faulty devices quickly. KVM is commonly used for in-band management of devices that are equipped with a screen and keyboard. However, RS-232 console access is often used as a last resort for all devices.
Remote Console Management
The CN2510 provides an easy console management solution in a convenient 1U rackmount package. With its RS-232 ports, connections are easily established to the console ports of network equipment, such as UNIX servers or routers, for centralized management of the attached devices. Each deviceâ€™s RS-232 console port becomes a network-accessible node, giving users Telnet access from anywhere on the network for configuration and management of the device. Full modem control signals are supported, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of serial peripherals.
- LCD control panel for easy on-site management
- Supports up to 16 dial-in users when operating as a standalone remote access server
- Supports PPP/SLIP with RADIUS authentication and RIP I/II routing protocols
- Real COM/TTY drivers for Windows and Linux
- 48 VDC for telecom applications (for CN2510-8/16-48V)