The MGate W5108/W5208 gateways are an ideal choice for connecting Modbus serial devices to a wireless LAN, or DNP3 serial to DNP3 IP through a wireless LAN. With IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n support, you can use fewer cables in difficult wiring environments, and for secure data transmission, the MGate W5108/W5208 gateways support WEP/WPA/WPA2. The gateways’ rugged design makes them suitable for industrial applications, including oil and gas, power, process automation, and factory automation.
Modbus Traffic Monitor
The MGate W5108/W5208 gateways support Modbus Protocol Traffic Monitor for easy troubleshooting, especially during the installation stage. Communication issues could be caused by incorrect software parameters, such as slave ID and register address, or incorrect hardware parameters such as baudrate and interface. With Modbus Protocol Traffic Monitor support, you can check the captured data and easily identify the root cause.
A Variety of Maintenance Functions
The MGate W5108/W5208 Series of gateways support a web console and Telnet console for remote maintenance. Each gateway also supports encryption commutation functions such as HTTPS and SSH to prevent security issues. In addition, log functions are provided in the firmware to record connection events and Modbus for maintenance events. Users can review log data remotely through the web console.
Features and Benefits
- Supports Modbus serial tunneling communications through an 802.11 network
- Supports DNP3 serial tunneling communications through an 802.11 network
- Accessed by up to 16 Modbus/DNP3 TCP masters/clients
- Connects up to 31 or 62 Modbus/DNP3 serial slaves
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- microSD card for configuration backup/duplication and event logs
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Supports 2 digital inputs and 2 digital outputs
- Supports redundant dual DC power inputs and 1 relay output
- Security features based on IEC 62443