The MGate 5102-PBM-PN gateway provides a communication portal between PROFIBUS devices (e.g., PROFIBUS PLC or drive) and the PROFINET host. All models are protected with a rugged metallic casing, DIN-rail mountable, and offer optional built-in optical isolation. The PROFIBUS and Ethernet status LED indicators are provided for easy maintenance. The rugged design is suitable for industrial applications such as oil and gas, power, process automation, and factory automation.
Easy Setup Tools
Both the Windows MGate Manager utility and web console support the AutoScan function, which makes configuration and operation easy. AutoScan automatically detects all connected PROFIBUS slave devices and their available I/O modules, allowing you to configure your gateways very quickly, and a data mapping table is provided. Furthermore, one click is all that’s needed to export all PROFIBUS I/O modules to a GSDML file to assist in the configuration of the PROFINET controller (e.g., a Siemens PLC).
A Variety of Maintenance Functions
The MGate 5102-PBM-PN provides a web console and Telnet console for remote maintenance, with both consoles supporting encryption commutation functions such as HTTPS and SSH to prevent unauthorized access. The status and changes in I/O data of all PROFIBUS slaves can be monitored remotely via the web console, and users can also review the log from the web console to see which system events have occurred. A relay output alarm is provided for the power input and Ethernet cable status. These functions make it easy for maintenance engineers to troubleshoot and maintain devices.
Redundant Power Inputs
The MGate 5102-PBM-PN has dual power inputs for greater reliability. The power inputs allow simultaneous connection to 2 live DC power sources to provide uninterrupted operation even if one power source fails. The higher level of reliability makes these advanced PROFIBUS-master-to-PROFINET gateways ideal for demanding industrial applications.
Features and Benefits
- Protocol conversion between PROFIBUS and PROFINET
- Supports PROFINET IO device
- Supports PROFIBUS DP V1 master
- Automatic scan of PROFIBUS devices and easy configuration
- Web-based GUI for I/O data visualization
- Built-in Ethernet cascading for easy wiring
- icroSD card for configuration backup/duplication and event logs
- Embedded I/O monitoring and diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- Status monitoring and fault protection for easy maintenance
- Supports redundant dual DC power inputs and 1 relay output
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Security features based on IEC 62443