PROFIBUS to fiber converter, multi-mode, ST connector, 0 to 60°C
The ICF-1180I industrial PROFIBUS-to-fiber converters are used to convert PROFIBUS signals from copper to optical fiber. The converters are used to extend serial transmission up to 4 km (multi-mode fiber) or up to 45 km (single-mode fiber). The ICF-1180I provides 2 kV isolation protection for the PROFIBUS system and dual power inputs to ensure that your PROFIBUS device will perform uninterrupted.
Fiber Cable Test Function
Fiber-optic cables are usually deployed for long-distance communication. To ensure proper communication across the fiber-optic cables, engineers use fiber sensors. A fiber cable test function through DIP switch adjustments helps ICF-11801 converters eliminate the need to rely on fiber-optic sensors.This function not only detects fiber communication abnormalities but also validates the format of the received packet. It can also determine which side (Tx or Rx) is causing the problem.
When the PROFIBUS device malfunctions or the serial interface fails, it will generate electrical noise, resulting in bus failure. Traditional media converters will let the noise signal pass through the fiber and on to the other converter. This will disrupt data transmissions between the two buses and eventually communication ceases across the entire system. When this occurs, the engineer will not be able to easily locate the failed device because the entire PROFIBUS network is down. To avoid this situation, the ICF-1180I was designed to detect and recognize noise signals. If the bus fails on one side, the noise signal will not propagate through the ICF-1180I and affect additional bus segments. In addition, the ICF-1180I will also trigger an alarm notification to the field engineer on the location of the failure.
- Fiber-cable test function validates fiber communication
- Auto baudrate detection and data speed of up to 12 Mbps
- PROFIBUS fail-safe prevents corrupted datagrams in functioning segments
- Fiber inverse feature
- Warnings and alerts by relay output
- 2 kV galvanic isolation protection
- Dual power inputs for redundancy (Reverse power protection)
- Extends PROFIBUS transmission distance up to 45 km
- Wide-temperature model available for -40 to 75°C environments
- Supports Fiber Signal Intensity Diagnosis