MSI TEC, Inc is seeking a talented and driven Application Controls Engineer who is excited to be part of an ambitious and fast-growing company. This is an opportunity to work with a collaborative and innovative team while bringing technical solutions to our customers.
MSI TEC, Inc. is a technology-based solutions provider for industrial automation applications throughout the Rocky Mountain region and Southern California. We provide innovative solutions through implementation of robotics, intelligent machine and motion control, device networking and remote monitoring, sensing technologies and machine safety devices. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic environment.
To be an engineering resource on highly technical and complex applications of industrial automation under the direction of a manager or Lead Application Engineer. You will function as a support in being a consultant, architect, programmer, and engineer for sales associates and customers on new or existing projects and applications.
◊ Internal- with the support and guidance from Managers and Leads
- Support new and current Industrial Automation projects.
- Program and develop new projects, deploy bug fixes or new features to existing projects.
- Cross reference parts and assemble Bills of Material (BoM) for Sales Engineers
- Support Production with testing or hardware implementation
- Assist other Application Engineers with projects and general requests.
◊ External – Customer – with the support and guidance from Managers and Leads
- Call and email customers to troubleshoot existing assets or advise on comparable offerings.
- Go to customer sites for troubleshooting, demonstrations, or as part of a quoting process.
- Support and educate customers in software and hardware.
- Create videos and documents for instructional and promotional purposes.
◊ External – Vendors – with the support and guidance from Managers and Leads
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendor Points of Contact (PoC)
- Train on existing and newly offered vendor hardware and software.
- Meet with vendors for production information sessions and accompany vendor PoCs to customer sites for demos.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical / Engineering discipline or suitable experience & demonstrated ability (Electrical or Software Preferred)
- Basic Electronics skills (AC and DC Circuits, power, transistors, relays)
- Basic Mechanical skills (Gear Ratios, Material Properties, Classical Physics)
- Basic Computer Programming skills (PLC-Ladder, C-based languages, Python, or Java) – IEC61131 Software development and exposure to ladder logic a plus
- 4 years’ experience in a technical role
- 1-4 years’ experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to visit customer sites on time and with appropriate equipment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness and desire to work as part of an innovative team.
- A positive attitude, attention to detail, and focus on process improvements are essential.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively to deliver on commitments and deadlines with supervision.
- Passion for accuracy, efficiency, and continuous improvement
- $60,000 – $80,000 (Exempt)
Perks of Working at MSI TEC, Inc:
- Competitive salary
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Long -Term Disability
- 401k Plan w/ 3% Safe Harbor contribution
- Paid Time off and minimum of (9) paid
- Flexibility with schedule
- Arizona (hybrid schedule of remote, customer/vendor visits, and office time)
We politely ask that outside recruiters do not reach out to us regarding this role.